|View Issue Details [ Jump to Notes ]||[ Issue History ] [ Print ]|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004883||DefenderOfTheCrown||[All Projects] General||public||2020-11-29 13:45||2022-04-17 15:53|
|Assigned To||JOTD||Project Info||Defender of the Crown (Cinemaware)|
|Summary||0004883: REQUEST: add wait mouse button click to the intro text since it's too fast on|
SlaveVersion: 3.1 (01.01.08)
add wait mouse button click to the intro text since it's too fast on very fast Amigas (e.g. WinUAE 060)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|KickROM||40 - Kick 3.1|
> version 3.1 (01.01.08) done by JOTD:
- added delays to some screens which were impossible to see due to the fast loading
(press mouse button to skip them)
What's the issue with the existing delays ?
|still too fast for me... Have to degrade it so much with "uae-configuration finegrain_cpu_speed 1"... would be great a "slow down" option at startup as other WHDLoad games have, but don't know technically if would be possible with this game.|
|Which screens can't you read? The Robin talk scene was slowed down, a couple others too. Please be more specific.|
Yes those in the intro and the Tournament trumpeters screen etc... but in general there are some stages very hard to play due to "turbo" speed, e.g. the castle rides: time seems to pass too fast and you often fail the raid. Everything changes if I degrade emulation with "ExecutePostDisk=uae-configuration cachesize 0 immediate_blits false finegrain_cpu_speed 1 cpu_multiplier 2" but it's still a bit too fast here (060 emu on a i7-8750h).
I've seen some WHDLoad games have a Slow Down option (WingCommander CD32 etc.) so I wondered if could be done the same with DotC.
On 020 + cycle exact the intro text is also too fast, feel like an extra 5-10secs is needed for them :) I don't think 'wait for LMB' is working at all as all screens seem to exit automatically? (I'm using 3.1 and tried adding buttonwait).
The trumpet screen is only displayed for a split second
Mmh, today I tried again degradin WinUAE speed as much as possible (even running as 020, no JIT, no cache cpu_speed_real etc.) but was still too fast.
Moreover I noticed the game itself is unplayable for things like "Go Riding" section, when you attack a fortress with the 4 musketeers: in a bunch of seconds the time to size the castle expires and you'll always fail.
The game seems to use an internal timing much affected by machine speed unfortunately and even degrading WinUAE is unplayable.
|2020-11-29 13:45||administrator||New Issue|
|2020-11-29 13:45||administrator||Status||new => assigned|
|2020-11-29 13:45||administrator||Assigned To||=> JOTD|
|2020-11-29 17:56||JOTD||Note Added: 0009286|
|2020-11-29 17:56||JOTD||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2020-11-29 23:10||Hexaae||Note Added: 0009290|
|2020-11-29 23:10||Hexaae||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2020-12-05 23:34||JOTD||Note Added: 0009299|
|2020-12-05 23:34||JOTD||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2020-12-06 19:36||Hexaae||Note Added: 0009307|
|2020-12-06 19:36||Hexaae||Status||feedback => assigned|
|2021-05-04 16:36||vagrant||Note Added: 0010196|
|2022-04-17 15:53||Hexaae||Note Added: 0011166|