THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Defender Of The Crown" © 1985-1991 Cinemaware
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.1 (01.01.08) done by JOTD:
- added delays to some screens which were impossible to see due to the fast loading
(press mouse button to skip them)
- CUSTOM1=1 gives infinite money
- reduced memory usage
version 3.0-B (26.01.06) done by JOTD:
- fixed install script
version 3.0 (15.01.06) done by JOTD:
- 1991 CDTV version supported (this is not CD≥≤ version, which is bigger)
- adapted for WHDLoad v16
- nice icons included
- source code included
- install script rewritten
- readme file rewritten
version 2.1 (2003)
- now uses 512K of chipmem and 512K of fastmem instead of 1MB of chipmem
version 2.0 (2002)
- update, using Bert doslib support in KickEmu (removed KickDOS)
- corrected install script so it copies devs/system-configuration (better mouse pointer)
- fixed a game fault which triggers access faults (undetected before).
- Re-assembled with Bert's new kickemu (maybe it will be a bit better)
- updated. Bored Seal completed the game with it, so I think it works better.
version 1.0 (2001)
- first release. Reported to lock up from time to time
- I'm awfully sorry about including a cracked executable, but the thing which
interested me was not the protection removal but the fact that in this
release executable there is not encryption anymore. I've got the original,
with encryption, and it's a lot of work for the same result (and possibly
the re-release has less bugs). The other files are 100% the same, so the
install should work with all versions.
- Thanks to Bored Seal for testing the game through the end. He completed it, so
I think it works rather well.
- Game is fully downloadable at www.cinemaware.com (it's a cracked version too :) )