THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Pang" © 1990 Ocean.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed game requires 0.5 MB and 0.5 MB OtherMem ChipMem.
(+0.8 MB for preload)
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Protection removed
- Lots of blitter waits inserted (skipped on 68000, see below)
- Music player fixed for higher processors
- Fast decrunching files
- Keyboard handling fixed
- Nice MWB/NI icons included
- Highscore save, but only if you didn't use the trainer at this runtime
- Better wait function to prevent accidentally joybuttonklicks at
- System-friendly RawDIC imager
- Trainers added (CUSTOM1, see below)
- Sources included
I (StingRay) have updated the patch for this great game, major changes are
that the blitter wait patches are now automatically skipped on 68000 machines
to avoid slow downs. The blitter waits can be forced on 68000 machines with
CUSTOM2=1. I have also coded a RawDIC imager as I didn't like that the old
patch still used The Patcher for imaging. I have also re-enabled the unlimited
lives/time trainers, these were originally done by Harry I think. Additionally
I have added an option to skip levels by pressing 'n'. All trainer options can
be enabled with the CUSTOM1 tooltype:
CUSTOM1=1: enables unlimited lives
CUSTOM1=2: enables unlimited time
CUSTOM1=4: enables level skip with with 'n' key
To enable more than one option just add the numbers together, f.e. CUSTOM1=5
(1+4) will enable unlimited lives and the level skip option. Since I have updated
the patch to use WHDLoad v17+ features you can of course also easily select the
options in WHDLoad's splash window.
version 2.2 (20.05.2013) done by StingRay:
- blitter waits disabled on 68000, they can be forced with CUSTOM2=1
- unlimited time/lives trainer re-enabled (CUSTOM1)
- level skip option added (CUSTOM1)
- RawDIC imager added
- uses WHDLoad v17+ features now
- readme reworked
version 2.1 (05.10.2009) done by Wepl
- access faults on entering world map fixed on 68040 machines
- caused by unreliable interrupt initialisation sequence,
reported by Alan Müller
version 2.0.1 (23.12.2006) done by Wepl
- imager fixed to avoid assign, thanks to Denis Lechevalier for
version 2.0 (03.12.2006) done by Wepl
- blitwaits reworked for better speed
- more decruncher relocated
- extro graphics fixed
- snoop bugs and audvol fixed
- highscore display in title fixed
- trainer changed to Custom1
- stack moved to fastmem
version 1.2 (03.08.2000) done by Harry
- highscoresaving, trainer, minor changes
version V1.1 (25.12.1998) done by Mr. Larmer
- Chris Vella for original disk image.
Mr.Larmer/Wanted Team in 1998 and Harry in august 2000.
StingRay in May 2013
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: