THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Prince Of Persia" 1990 Jordan Mechner/Broderbund.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing Num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.1 (06.03.2016)
- added whdload 17 config buttons
- CUSTOM2: subset of trainer: just unlimited levelskip & keeps minutes.
version 3.0 (01.01.2005) done by JOTD
- slave fully rewritten, now supports 5 versions
- rewritten readme & install script
- changed savegame system, now uses the excellent multi-save system by Bert
- trainer now activated by CUSTOM1 (not CUSTOM5 as before)
- another version supported (IPF ID 1823, english)
- restored support for another version (IPF ID 1407, english)
- sourcecode included
version 2.2 (2002) done by JOTD
- 4 versions of the game supported (US,Europe,German (IPF ID 82) &
French version "Le temps des heros" compil, IPF ID 2290)
- RawDIC imager
version 2.1 (2001) done by JOTD
- better error handling, documentation added
version 2.0 (2001) done by JOTD & Harry
- WHDLoad version using JST2WHD emulation macros
- Convenient installer script
- 3 versions of the game supported (US,Europe,German)
- load/save games to HD
- remembers best times (thanks Harry!)
- No more 'unexpected exception' during the game
- Removed ALL disk accesses
- Cool icon by Frank/Exoticons/???
- Annoying password potion level removed (does not appear at all)
- Set CUSTOM5=1 tooltype gives infinite time/infinite energy,
and enables level skip (Shift+L) for levels above 4.
versions 1.x (1997-1999) done by JOTD:
- JST releases
- Ctrl-R: main game menu
- Ctrl-L: load game (from main game menu)
- Ctrl-G: save game (level 3 and higher)
- Ctrl-V: show game version
- Ctrl-Q: quits to workbench (used to reboot) (QWERTY keyboard)
- Ctrl-A: restart level (QWERTY keyboard)
- Shift-L: skip levels but not above to level 4 unless CUSTOM1 is set, sets timer to 15 minutes
- Space: show remaining time
- Esc: pause
- Joystick/Numerical keypad: directions
- Fire/Right Amiga: fire
- 0 on keypad: give up fight
- After reloading a game, CTRL key must be pressed before Shift-L can be used
- If CUSTOM1 is set, Ctrl-G has no effect, and high scores are not saved