Short : HD-Installer for Odyssey
Type : game/patch
Author : Bored Seal & JOTD
This patch applies to "Odyssey" by Audiogenic (c) 1995 - 2 disks.
Slave requires WHDLOAD V17+.
Game requires 1MB ChipRAM and 0.5 other RAM (+ 1.6MB for PreLoad)
- Game loads entirely from HD
- RNC disk protection removed
- Savegames redirected to HD
- Trainer option added (set CUSTOM1=1 for unlimited energy/lives)
- MS Windows incompatible filename renamed/patched
- BPLCON0 access fixed
- NI/ROM icon (created by JHZ)
- Quit option (your default key, don't use F10 as it's used in the game)
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
V2.0 (16-Aug-2017) done by JOTD:
- adapted to WHDLoad v17: trainer configurable on whdload splash screen
- slave rewritten to use kickemu instead of OSEmu (fixes #0002977,#0002716,#0002600)
- another version supported (issue #0003075)
- separated trainer options (lives/energy)
V1.3 (14-Aug-2010) - install changed: filename incompatible with MS Windows renamed and patched
rename file "data/Players/3nme>sprites.bin" -> "3nme_sprites.bin" (same location)
V1.2 (29-Jul-2008) - small enhancement for copylock protection (thanks to Rob for report)
V1.1 (22-Apr-2002) - no access faults on some configs anymore (thanks to Captain for report)
V1.0 (28-Dec-2000) - first release
To do: support CD32 controls
Thanks to Bert Jahn & Denis for disk images.
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: