THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Lost Patrol" © 1990 Ocean.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts"
and must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from an
A500 with tools like "GrabKick" or similar which can be found on Aminet.
If the image is the wrong version or altered in any way, WHDLoad will
quit with an appropriate error message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on Aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.3 (19.01.03) done by Bertrand JARDEL (C-Fou!):
- NTSC version supported now (before only Pal multilanguage version)
- Emply loop fixed to debug music routine
- Slave length optimized
- New instal script used
- Exotica colored icon added
Warning!!: - save file aren't fully compatible between Ntsc and Pal version
--------- (sometime absolute adresses are saved)
known bug: - When you enter in minefield section the center screen is bugged
--------- => just click on LOST PATROL Logo to refresh screen
(ps: I think is loading synchro error (loading more speed :-))
- Sometime a little bug in the music
*********************** Thanks to Christian Sauer for NTSC version ***************
******************* Thanks to Matthew Thompson for the disks images **************
- 'Del' key and lead your team to East to see the outro
- 1 empty loop to wait debugged
- trackdisk protection is now really ripped and the game is playable
(Thanks CodeTapper who explain to me how found Rob Northen's ID with CopyLockDecoder)
- Waitblitter routines added in machine-gune fire section (grenade animation bugged)
- Waitblitter routines added in alone VC fight section (GI animation bugged)
version 1.1 done by Bertrand JARDEL (C-Fou!):
- only PAL European Multilangage version supported
- fast memory ripped (game crashed)
- Track disk protection ripped
- Load/save Game position rediriged to Hd (LoasPatrol.save) before in RAM: only
- Quit option in menu patched (before reset)
- Line A Emulator interuption replaced by Trap
- color copper list added => some time black screen
- Docs and Quick Help added
- GlowIcon added
- Debugged with SnoopEcs Tooltype
- initial JST release