THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Kick Off 2" © 1990 Anco.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed game requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing Del (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- 19 versions supported (6 Competition versions and 12 other versions!)
- Load/Save from data disk supported
- Protection removed (6xchecksums, 3xdisk checks, 1x "Cobra X-Rom" encryption)
- Invalid copperlist entry fixed (x1)
- Raster wait routine recoded (movep opcode used in original routine)
- Access faults fixed
- Empty dbf loop in keyboard routine fixed
- Automatic creation of data disk (see below)
- NewIcon, RomIcon and OS3.5+ colour icon (all created by Irek'72)
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'Del')
This install started as a request for a WHDLoad patch for the Kick Off 2
competition version by Deleauvive on EAB. After I finished it I just added
support for all other known Kick Off 2 versions and the result is
this ultimate Kick Off 2 patch. :)
Not really hard to do, just time consuming as there were a lot of Kick
Off 2 versions to support. Some of the WC'90 versions have problems,
namely SPS1270 and SPS 0168, you can't choose the side of the pitch.
That bug occurs in the original game on 68000/A500 already, i.e. it's
NOT a fault of the WHDLoad patch. I've tried to fix this problem but
so far without success. As there are a lot of other versions supported
in this patch I don't think it's a big problem though.
If you have an unsupported Kick Off 2 version just let me know and I'll
happily add support for it.
If you already have a data/tactics disk create an image of it using
tools like DIC (can be found in the WHDLoad package), rename
the image to "disk.8" if it's a tactics disk or to "disk.9" if
it is a data disk and copy it to the installation directory.
If you want to import Player Manager teams you need to create
an image of your Player Manager save disk and rename it to
A word about the tactics disk support: Apparently not all versions
of Kick Off 2 support all tactics from the Winning Tactics disk
(v1.6e supports all of them, others only a few).
If the screen flashes after loading a tactics file from the Winning
Tactics disk it means this tactics file is not compatible with your
Kick Off 2 version. Please do NOT report this as a bug as there's
nothing I can and will do about that! Complain to Dino Dini if you
don't like it. :)
If no data or tactics disk is found it will be created, this feature
can be disabled with the CUSTOM1=1 tooltype.
Have fun with this game from HD now.
Love and peace, Sting, 30-Jan-2012
Greetings to all in Scarab and Scoopex, the WHDLoad team and to Musashi5150 :)
Extra greetings to the usual suspects on #amigascne, see you all at
Revision 2011! :)
Special thanks to lolafg, AxelFoley and Hungry Horace for testing the
install, to KillerGorilla and Irek'72 for the icons, Dlfrsilver
for the french WC'90 disk image and to Xavier Bodénand for the
v1.6f disk image.
version 1.09a (17.03.20) done by StingRay:
- version 1.6e (SPS 2191) didn't work anymore in 1.09, fixed
version 1.09 (16.03.20) done by StingRay:
- new generic decrypter written
- accidentally left-in debug code remove (red color on screen, issue #3960)
- WHDLoad v17+ features really enabled now (required version was still set
to 10 in previous version)
version 1.08 (01.05.18) done by StingRay:
- generic decrypter for all versions used
- bug in keyboard routine fixed
- raster wait routine which used 'movep' recoded
- WHDLoad v17+ features used (config)
version 1.07 (30.01.12) done by StingRay:
- support for 1.6g version added, thanks to Irek for
the disk image
- support for the Competition versions updated, all
future Competition versions should now be supported
automagically, greetings and thanks to Steve Camber
- new icons by Irek included
version 1.06 (03.12.11) done by StingRay:
- support for Competition versions 1.05, 1.06 and
version 1.05 (27.03.10) done by StingRay:
- support for Competition version 1.04 added
- changed the patch approach for the Competition version,
future updates should now be supported automagically
version 1.04 (10.01.10) done by StingRay:
- support for Player Manager teams added
version 1.031 (30.12.09) done by StingRay:
- fixed support for Competition version 1.03, thanks to
lolafg for reporting and Toni Wilen for quick help
version 1.03 (28.12.09) done by StingRay:
- support for Competition version 1.03 added
version 1.02 (17.05.09) done by StingRay:
- support for 1.6f version added, thanks to Xavier Bodénand for
the disk image
- quitkey didn't work in both italian versions on 68000 machines,
thanks to lolafg for reporting
version 1.01 (18.03.09) done by StingRay:
- support for separate tactics disks (f.e. Winning Tactics) added
- support for french WC'90 version added, thanks to Dlfrsilver for
the disk image
- fixed problems with game freezing after a foul, many thanks
to lolafg for testing!
- fixed possible "game freezes upon QUIT" problem (reported by
version 1.0 (15.03.09) done by StingRay:
- redone from scratch
- all known Kick Off 2 versions supported
- load/save supported
- no binary of the game included anymore
- source code included
older beta version done in 2001 by Galahad
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: