Short : HD-Installer for Gauntlet 2 V1.2
Type : game/patch
Authors : Harry & Hungry Horace
That patch applies to Gauntlet 2 (c) 1986/1988 Atari/US Gold, and the
re-release by Mindscape.
This install has the imager-version 1.01 and the slave-version 1.2.
It needs at least WHDload version 15 and The Patcher 1.01.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select Expert as
FEATURES & HISTORY:
Version 1.2 (24.10.2010) done by Hungry Horace:
- Second button support to active Magic (Player 1/2 only)
- Tooltypes added;
- Enable "Fire-to-Start" option on all players
- CUSTOM1=1 - Red Player (Joystick Input 0)
- CUSTOM1=2 - Blue Player (Joystick Input 1)
- CUSTOM1=4 - Yellow Player (Parallel Joystick Input 0)
- CUSTOM1=8 - Green Player (Parallel Joystick Input 1)
- CUSTOM1=15 - All Players
- Trainers on CUSTOM2 can be combined for multiple trainers:
- CUSTOM2=1 - Infinite Health
- CUSTOM2=2 - Infinite Keys
- CUSTOM2=4 - Infinite Potions
- Source-Code included
Version 1.14 (14.02.2001) done by Harry:
- Access fault removed.
- Diskroutine didnt work entirely reliable due dbf-delays
(now obsolete :) )
Version 1.1 (22.08.1997) done by Harry:
- Re-release adapted.
- Manual protection of the Mindscape version removed.
Version 1.0 (19.05.1997) done by Harry:
- Full load from HD
- Quit option (default key is '*' on keypad)
- Trainer: F6-F9 adds some food to player 1-4.
The install was tested with on a 2 MB A1200 and on an 18 MB 68030.
Also tested on E-UAE for version 1.2.
Hungry Horace thanks Harry for the original slave and sharing his
sources, Wepl for the disk images, Mai for the extra ADF supplied
for research and many many thanks to Richard Costello for sharing
some of the original game code!
Although I try to make my installs as reliable as possible, you
use them wholly on your own risk.
Have fun, Harry.
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: