Short : HD-Installer for Devious Designs
Type : game/patch
Author : Bored Seal & StingRay
This patch applies to "Devious Designs" by Image Works (c) 1991 - 2 disks.
Slave requires WHDLOAD V10+.
Game requires 0.5MB ChipRAM (+ 1.8MB RAM for PreLoad)
- Full load from HD
- RNC disk protection removed
- Keyboard routine rewritten
- Stackframe error fixed
- Sound player fixed
- Trainer options added (CUSTOM1, see below)
- High score load/save (disabled if any trainer option is used!)
- NI/ROM icon
- Quit option which works on 68000 machines
V1.0 (20-Jun-2000) - first public release
V1.1 (02-Jul-2000) - another copylock removed
- highscore saving removed
- trainer works in boss sequence now
V1.2 (18-Jul-2006) - taglist fixed to work with WHDLoad v16.6
done by StingRay - crash when starting game fixed (Mantis issue #2460)
- word read from $bfed01 fixed (Mantis issue #0253)
- high-score load/save added
- 68000 quitkey support
- disk request screens completely disabled
- uses WHDLoad v17+ features (config)
- new trainer options: unlimited time and in-game keys
(F1: toggle unlimited lives, F2: toggle unlimited time)
- new install script
V1.3 Note (StingRay):
I have fixed the crash that occured when starting the game. This was
actually caused by a not 100% correct loader patch, Bored had forgotten to patch
the write functions of the Rob Northen loader which in turn made the game load data
when it was supposed to save the high scores which trashed code and made the game
crash. This has now been fixed! I have also added high-score load/save [N.B.: see
Bored's note about the high-score saving below, it actually was his fault as he
didn't patch the Rob Northen loader correctly :)], if any trainer options are
used the high-score saving will be disabled!
I have also added a few more trainer options, these are self-explanatory except
for the in-game keys, if enabled you can use F1 to toggle unlimited lives and F2 to
toggle unlimited time.
As I found the disk request screens quite annoying I have completely disabled them!
The patch now also features 68000 quitkey support!
End of V1.3 Note
- Highscores are not archived in game, not my fault!
- Level codes are available in Sweet Cheater, but 30% of them are not working.
- If anybody has disk 2 error free (even from cracked version), contact me.
Thanks to Carlo Pirri for diskimages and support and to Codetapper for trainer help.
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: