Short : HD-Installer for CastleVania
Type : game/patch
Author : Jean-François Fabre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2001-2002 JOTD
CastleVania is © 1990 Konami
- Runs fully from HD on all amigas using WHDLoad (with KickEmu/KickDos)
- Convenient install script
- Keyboard routine fixed
- CPU dependent loops fixed
- Manual protection removed
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Game saved to HD
- Nice icons by Frank
Keys (thanks to Frank for providing them):
CTRL+Q : Restart (Goto menu)
CTRL+E : effects on/off
CTRL+B : sound on/off (music)
CTRL+S : save
- v1.1 removed manual protection (thanks R.Cruz & Maverick)
- v1.0-B reassembled without Req68020
- v1.0 initial release
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.