THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Buck Rogers XXVc: Countdown to Doomsday" © 1990 TSR.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.2 (06.05.2014) done by JOTD:
- character creation and save fix & speedup (issue #003006)
- fixed access fault on "exit to workbench" menu
version 1.1 (01.05.2014) done by JOTD:
- rewritten for WHDLoad v16 (fixes the "no room on this disk" issue #002829)
- source code included
older versions (1.0, 2001) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad and KickEmu/KickDos
- Convenient patch script (you need to install the game with the original
install first, then apply this patch)
- Fixed startup, avoids "Insert Buck2 disk" (due to non zeroed registers)
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Password protection now fully removed
- Once patched, can be moved anywhere without having to edit the 'pathname' file
- Saves to HD
- UK & German versions supported (and possibly more...)
- Some OS swaps removed
- Nice icon by Exoticons
- Walkthrough included
- Doc file included
* First time you run the installed game, the screen remains black for 10 seconds and
HD is accessed. This is perfectly normal. Savegames are created empty in order to
avoid OS swaps when you load/save a game.
* This is beta, I spent already too much time on it, but I know there are bugs in the
original game; If you experiment crashes during fights (the original game did GURU),
please try to save the game just before a point where you suspect that it could
happen, and send it to me. I may be able to figure the problem out.
* you NEED to install the game using the original HD installer before you can
use this patch (this is because the executable is unpacked during the original
install and I have no idea how it is done, so I leave it like this, since it works)
* Once installed, the game can be moved anywhere else, archived, etc... because the
pathName file problem (containing original installation path) has been fixed.
The game also used the "assign" command to set some assign, which is no longer needed
now, so the simplest way was to create a dummy assign program, which does nothing.
* I hope Jonhatan will be happy about this one, and maybe a dozen of other people :)