THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Megademo 3" © 1989 North Star & Fairlight.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed demo requires 0.5 MB ChipMem (+1.8 MB for preload)
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- Interrupts fixed
- Access faults fixed (too many to count)
- ROM access fixed (too many to count)
- Writes to read only registers fixed (too many to count)
- OCS only DDFSTRT/STOP settings fixed (too many to count)
- Long reads from $dff006 fixed (x2)
- Out of bounds blit fixed
- Blitter waits added (x15)
- Interrupt and DMA problems fixed
- Copperlist problems fixed (uninitialised buffers, $ABBA plane pointers etc.)
- Wrong Bplcon2 settings fixed
- All decrunchers relocated to fast memory and slightly optimised
- DMA wait in replayer fixed (x18)
- Byte write to volume register fixed (x6)
- Bplcon0 color bit fixes (x61)
- All OS stuff patched/emulated (ScrollRaster(), Move(), etc.)
- Reset patched to quit back to DOS
- Support for bootblock intro on disk 2 (CUSTOM1)
- NewIcon (created by me)
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'F10')
Finally, the patch for this classic demo is finished too. Started way
back in October 2011 it then stayed untouched on my HD for almost
5 years until June 2016. I then fixed a lot of bugs and problems in almost
any part (OCS only DDFSTRT/STOP settings, uninitialised copperlist buffers,
ROM access and similar things) and more or less completed the patch. But
didn't feel like creating the install package so it took another almost
4 years to finally get that fixed as well. I also added support for the
bootblock intro on disk 2 as well which meant I had to recode the scroller
as it was done using graphics.library routines (ScrollRaster, Move, etc.)
and also code a small routine to generate the data for the starfield as
it was taken from the ROM in the original intro.
Creating this patch was a lot of work but the demo fully deserved it!
Enjoy this classic from HD.
Stay safe and healthy everyone,
version 1.02 (10.05.2020) done by StingRay:
- crash in part 5 (Scrolly by Kaktus") on 68000 machines fixed (caused
by a wrong "SetSpeed" patch, thanks to Mark for reporting)
version 1.01 (08.05.2020) done by StingRay:
- Part 17 (Demo by Black Shadow) didn't run correctly on some machines,
raster wait routine changed to fix it (thanks to Paul Mitchell for
reporting and testing)
version 1.00 (06.05.2020) done by StingRay:
- initial release
- source code included
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: