2024-05-18 15:25 CEST

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0006149SteelEmpire[All Projects] Generalpublic2023-05-29 15:26
Reporterchristoph gleisberg 
Assigned ToStingRayProject InfoSteel Empire (Silicon Knights)
http://www.whdload.de/games/SteelEmpire.html
 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusresolvedResolutionfixed 
Summary0006149: While going through the installer there appears an file copy error in line
DescriptionGameVersion: english,pal,2 disks
SlaveVersion: 1.0 from 09.05.1999

While going through the installer there appears an file copy error in line 102.
TagsNo tags attached.
MachineA4000
CPU68040
CPUSpeed40
ChipSetAGA
GFXCardNone
ChipMem1 MB
FastMem16 MB
WorkbenchOS 3.1
KickROM40 - Kick 3.1
KickSoftNone
WHDLoad18.8
importedyes
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

note ~0012791

StingRay (developer)

I have tested the install with SPS 1659 and it worked without any problems. Do you have "The Patcher" in your path?

note ~0012792

retrogamer (reporter)

Please StingRay can you update the slave anyway?

It's from 1999 I think it would be needed.

Quitkey for 68000.

Mem usage 512kb + 512kb fast

I've attatched the game manual.

note ~0012793

christoph gleisberg (reporter)

My patcher is in the path, that shouldn't be the problem.
I have about 1.800 original games here and I installed them all if there was a whdload installer. About 3 or 4 have had that "copy error" problem. All could be solved with a redone since now so I guess there is something in the old program code that won't work on my system.

note ~0012795

StingRay (developer)

Last edited: 2023-05-09 10:18

View 2 revisions

The old installer works fine with the SPS 1659 version, I have tested it, as already said. Hence the problem must be on your end. Please upload your version of the game, I will then check if the installer has problems with it.

note ~0012848

StingRay (developer)

Updated patch available, memory requirements have not been changed as that requires more work I am willing to do right now. Manual has been included, 68000 quitkey added and some bugs in the replayer have been fixed. The program files are now loaded directly from the disk image, any external files in old install directory can be deleted.
The install script has been updated too (but the old install script still did work properly!).
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2023-05-01 22:03 administrator New Issue
2023-05-02 12:26 StingRay Assigned To => StingRay
2023-05-02 12:26 StingRay Status new => assigned
2023-05-07 21:59 StingRay Note Added: 0012791
2023-05-07 23:48 retrogamer File Added: Manual.zip
2023-05-07 23:48 retrogamer Note Added: 0012792
2023-05-08 04:48 christoph gleisberg Note Added: 0012793
2023-05-08 08:22 StingRay Note Added: 0012795
2023-05-09 10:18 StingRay Note Edited: 0012795 View Revisions
2023-05-29 15:26 StingRay Note Added: 0012848
2023-05-29 15:26 StingRay Status assigned => resolved
2023-05-29 15:26 StingRay Resolution open => fixed
+Issue History