THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Zak Mc Kracken" © 1989 Lucasfilm.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.4 (09.03.2020) still done by JOTD:
- reduced chipmem size back to 512k (was 1MB in 1.3 due to debug code left in old slave)
version 1.3 (01.03.2020)
- Adapted to whdload v17
- added CUSTOM2=1 to skip protection crack (issue #0004026)
I've added this option, so cracked versions (like the
italian version provided here) works. Else both cracks
conflict and it locks up after entering any visa code.
version 1.2 (01.06.03)
- protection caused strange behaviour on drawing sections: all drawing
passed, which is not very good. Changed, now CUSTOM1=1 allows to cheat,
else, the correct drawing will be checked.
- CTRL-C quit key caused access faults: fixed, now just quits.
- rewritten install package from scratch (but there's no need to reinstall
in order to upgrade)
- rewritten slave from newest kick13.s sources, using real dos.library
version 1.1 (2002)
- protection REALLY removed, for all versions (tested with
UK and german version).
- Mouse move speedup.
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- Runs now properly from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu/KickDOS
- Access fault removed
- Manual protection removed
- Full use of fast memory
- Gamesaves without OS swaps
- Quit key (F10, or configurable with QUITKEY) anytime
- Convenient install script
- Normal/NewIcon/GlowIcon/Exoticon icons provided
- Docfile and walkthrough included
- Game worked almost OK in DOS mode but some gfx may be corrupt depending on your system
and there were no quit key
- Game worked almost OK using OSEmu but a bug in some gfx lib emulation routine screwed up
the scrolling to the left (!). Using original graphics library through KickEmu works.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.