THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Space Quest 3 - The Pirates of Pestulon" © 1989 Sierra.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.1 (24.01.2021) done by JOTD:
- MT32 switch didn't work at all on german version (issue #0004959)
- fixed crash on 68000 (issue #0004960)
version 2.0 (17.01.2021)
- german version: found a way to avoid entering umlauts by using the alternate
spelling (ue, oe) instead. Example: type "oeffnen" and it will switch to the umlaut
syntax that the game understands (issue #0004644)
- source rework so the new sound patch system can be dynamically chosen for german version
which has MT32 support (issue #0004957)
- source rework also provides selectable keyboard layout (english, french, german)
version 1.2-B (13.07.2014)
- reassembled with latest kickemu
- added notes for german users & savegame notes
version 1.2 (08.01.2006)
- fixed access fault in english version (not found in the german version)
version 1.1 (08.09.2003)
- german version supported
- game saves are now located in the current directory, not "saves" anymore
- adapted to WHDLoad v16
version 1.0 (26.07.2003) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- original quit option activated
- save games to HD
- manual & walkthrough included
- source code included
GERMAN USERS PLEASE READ:
- The game has been reported as buggy because users could not enter special
german chars (umlauts). It is not true. To enter "offnen" with a "trema" on the 'o',
press o, then press the "trema" key => character o is replaced by the
character o+trema. That was the original way of doing it. The new slave version
is able to detect "oe" and "ue" sequences and replaces them by the corresponding umlaut.
Deleting an umlaut expands back to the sequence, just in case the umlaut is not what the user
ENGLISH USERS PLEASE READ:
- The english version is an early version without MT32 sound support. The german version has
MT32 sound support, but can be switched to full english with the language menu (sierra / sprache)
SAVING GAME ADVICE
- like most whdload installed games, after saving your position to disk, avoid
switching off your amiga/closing UAE like you would do on a standard game.
Instead, quit the game / return to WB using WHDLoad quit key, or you will
lose your game saves (could explain issue #002630)