THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Skidmarks" © 1993 Acid Software.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 2.0 (ECS) to 3.0 (AGA) MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.2 (29.11.2020) done by JOTD:
- not enough memory configured for ECS slave made it crash
version 1.1 (29.11.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed sound effects replay on fast machines
version 1.0 (21.01.2005) done by JOTD:
- initial WHDLoad release
- RawDIC imager (adapted from my 1996 disk ripper !!)
- 2 slaves, one for ECS (less fast memory needed), one for AGA
- to avoid installing AGA cars for ECS users, just quit the installation
after RawDIC installed disk 2
- source code included
version 0.001 (back to 1996) done by JOTD
- DOS patch lamely adapted from the Fairlight DOS HD version
- Hardware banging disk ripper
- Only version 1.06 is supported (I think this is the latest one)
- Thanks to Fairlight for the dos hd install I adapted. To use this install with
the Fairlight HD version, simply create a "data" directory, copy all files in it,
and rename the file "Skid_Data" to "Skidmarks". Remove "loader" file (not needed)
- I don't know if the modem connection works with the WHDLoad install. I don't know
if many ppl still have a dialup modem to test it. I'm curious to hear from you
if you test it.