THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Lost Patrol" © 1990 Ocean.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing * (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
version 2.0 (01.05.21) done by Bertrand JARDEL (CFou!):
- source code rewritten, adapted for WHDLoad 17+ & included
- Kick13 no longer needed
- Less fast memory needed
- QuitKey support for 68000 added (intro)
- New install script
version 1.3 (19.01.03) done by CFou!:
- support for NTSC version SPS 498 added
(before only PAL multilanguage version SPS 773)
- Empty loops rewritten to fix music player
- Slave length optimized
- New install script used
- Exotica colored icon added
Warning!!: - save file aren't fully compatible between NTSC and PAL version
--------- (sometime absolute adresses are saved)
known bug: - When you enter in minefield section the center screen is bugged
--------- => just click on LOST PATROL Logo to refresh screen
(ps: I think is loading synchro error (loading more speed :-))
- 'Del' key and lead your team to East to see the outro
- 1 empty loops to wait fixed
- trackdisk protection is now really removed and the game is fully playable
(Thanks to CodeTapper who explain to me how found Rob Northen's ID with
- Blitter waits inserted in machine-gun fire section (grenade animation was bugged)
- Blitter waits inserted in alone VC fight section (GI animation was bugged)
version 1.1 done by Bertrand JARDEL (CFou!):
- only PAL European Multilangage version supported
- fast memory ripped (game crashed)
- Track disk protection ripped
- Load/save Game position redirected to HDD (in 'LoasPatrol.save') before in RAM: only
- QuitKey option in menu patched (before reset)
- Line A Emulator interrupt replaced by Traps
- colors copper list fixed => some time black screen
- Docs and Quick Help added
- colored icons included
- fixed using SnoopEcs Tooltype
- initial JST release
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
*********************** Thanks to Christian Sauer for NTSC version ***************
******************* Thanks to Matthew Thompson for the disks images **************