THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
That install applies to "Battle Isle", "Battle Isle Data Disk" and "The Moon
of Chromos" © 1991,1992 Blue Byte.
That install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try first to get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad's WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also doesn't succeeds inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad's WWW-Page.
For full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.0 (16.03.00) done by Wepl:
- initial release
- one memory allocation bug fixed
- some game data moved to fast mem
- installation is optimized so that every gamefile which is identically on
normal version, data disk and moon of chromos resides only one time in the
- this install requires at least a 68020 because it installs the 68020
versions of battle isle
version 1.1 (11.05.00) done by Wepl:
- support for "Battle Isle" us version added
- tip: to save a bit disk space and time on preload you can decrunch all
files using xfd and repack them with rnc
version 1.2 (04.11.00) done by Wepl:
- a bit better performance on 68040/060 machines
version 1.3 (24.11.00) done by Wepl:
- keyboard handling fixed
version 1.4 (02.09.01) done by Wepl:
- program 'bihigh' added to display and merge highscore files
the program accepts up to three filename, if one filename is given it
displayes the highscores, on two files it will display both files merged
together, on three files it will merge the first two files and save the
result under the last name, the names of the highscore files are:
Batte Isle - data/kocw.dat
Desert Scenario - data/d01/kocw.dat
Moon of Chromos - data/d02/kocw.dat
don't mix them (they have an identical structure)
version 1.5 (05.06.02) done by Wepl:
- minor slave cleanup
- program 'bihigh' now omits entries with the same name (avoids
duplicates), source included
version 1.6 (30.11.02) done by Wepl:
- support for french version added, thanks to Xavier Bodenand
- keyboard layout fixed to meet actual layout
version 1.7 (10.03.05) done by Wepl:
- support for english version of "Moon of Chromos" added, thanks to Xavier
- manual added
version 1.7.1 (13.07.07) done by Wepl:
- bihigh doesn't show a name for entries with score=0
- Units text file added
version 1.8 (15.11.09) done by Wepl:
- access fault fixed which could occure on custom levels, e.g. from BI5:
level 17 (1 player, level 2), reported by Sebastian Rosa
- trying to load a non existing savegame no longer quits the game
- using the Custom2 option a savegame can be load immediately and skips
the intro, this is very handy for playing via email ;-)
just set Custom2 to the number of the savegame to load (1-9), savegame #0
cannot be load this way
version 1.9 (07.10.17) done by Wepl:
- adapted for latest kickemu, with that also the cache setup has changed:
before it was inst/data cacheable in expansion memory, without MMU non
cacheable, now it is inst cachable in all memory, also without MMU;
enabling inst/data cache for chip/expansion memory shows some blitter
glitches and would probably need some extra fixes to work properly on
- updated install script
- more icons added