THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "4D Sports Boxing" © 1991 Mindscape
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.3-B (02.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed: reenabled fast memory
version 1.3 (22.03.2020) done by JOTD:
- really fixed music by waiting after dma sound stop (not after dma sound start)
version 1.2 (09.05.2014) done by JOTD:
- checks for disk 2 installation at startup (in answer to issue #2761)
version 1.1 (27.06.2006) done by JOTD:
- rewritten for WHDLoad v16, music sounds a bit better (not perfect...)
- source code included
version 1.0-B (2002)
- enabled 68060 specific caches by default,
- added Chris icon, reworked install.
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- Convenient install script
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Full use of fastmem for smooth 3D animation
- access faults due to the use of 32 bit fastmem removed (lots of them!)
- password protection removed
- Docfile included
- Export boxers to HD
- Automatic import of boxers (import option becomes obsolete)
- Original quit option still active
- Nice icons by Exoticons, Chris Vella
notes: if slave crashes with "cannot find setup.dat", you have probably forgot to install disk 2!!