Short : HD-Installer for Zak Mc Kracken
Type : game/patch
Author : JOTD
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2001-2003 JOTD
Zak Mc Kracken is © 1989 Lucasfilm
version 1.2 (01.06.03)
- protection caused strange behaviour on drawing sections: all drawing
passed, which is not very good. Changed, now CUSTOM1=1 allows to cheat,
else, the correct drawing will be checked.
- CTRL-C quit key caused access faults: fixed, now just quits.
- rewritten install package from scratch (but there's no need to reinstall
in order to upgrade)
- rewritten slave from newest kick13.s sources, using real dos.library
version 1.1 (2002)
- protection REALLY removed, for all versions (tested with
UK and german version).
- Mouse move speedup.
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- Runs now properly from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu/KickDOS
- Access fault removed
- Manual protection removed
- Full use of fast memory
- Gamesaves without OS swaps
- Quit key (F10, or configurable with QUITKEY) anytime
- Convenient install script
- Normal/NewIcon/GlowIcon/Exoticon icons provided
- Docfile and walkthrough included
- Game worked almost OK in DOS mode but some gfx may be corrupt depending on your system
and there were no quit key
- Game worked almost OK using OSEmu but a bug in some gfx lib emulation routine fucked up
the scrolling to the left (!). Using original graphics library through KickEmu works.
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.