Short: HD Installer for Wiz'n'Liz v2.1
Author: DJ Mike (firstname.lastname@example.org; ICQ: 35028461)
Uploader: DJ Mike (email@example.com)
Requires: WHDLoad 15+, 1MB chip mem
This patch applies to "Wiz'n'Liz" (c) 1993 Psygnosis/Lunatic Software
- Original disks (x2) OR CAPS Archive #749
- Slave requires WHDLoad V15+.
- Game requires 1MB chip mem
(+900k other memory for preload option)
- Game loads entirely from HD
- Skip the annoyingly long intro with fire button at any time!
- Reduced-size disk images to save space and memory
- Rob Northen Copylock cracked properly !! (see Notes)
- Decompression moved to Fast Memory (if available) to speed up loading
- Instruction Cache enabled by default for even faster loading
- 2x Empty code loops replaced
- 52x Blit waits added for 040/060 compatibility
(set CUSTOM1=1 to disable if you experience slowdown)
- 1x Colour bit setting fixed
- High scores are stored on HD
- Quit to Workbench at ANY time (Default key: F10) on ANY Amiga!
- RomIcon/NewIcons made by DJ Mike
- Compatible with Dark Angel's old install (just copy .slave into folder)
- v1.0 Original release by Dark Angel
- v2.0 (DJ Mike 07/06)
- Completely rewritten from scratch (original install never worked properly)
- Rob Northen Copylock finally cracked properly!
- Uses modern WHDL functions and infos
- Reduced amount of disk space needed (must reinstall to get this)
- Quit key now works on 68000 machines AND during intro!
- Added code to skip the intro using the fire button at any time
- Made some new icons myself and included others
- v2.1 (DJ Mike 07/06)
- Blit waits added to fix graphics for 040/060 systems
- Colour bit setting fixed
Well, this certainly turned out to be an interesting little install. I took
this one on after receiving a bug report (thanks Joe!) that the copylock
Turns out the old install never cracked the protection at all. Wrong copylock
key, not wired in the correct places anyway, and a sly protection check CHECK!
Unfortunately, having the copylock key in $F4 wasn't the only problem - there's
also a nasty check the game after 5-10 minutes of play which grinds your
character's speed to a painful walk if the game picks up on you modifying
the protection check!! So I've cracked this by removing all traces of my
modifying the code once the fake protection wiring has finished.
The intro can now be skipped with the fire button at any time - after tons of
testing I was getting sick to the teeth of waiting for it!
So finally this install has been coded 100%! It's a charming little game and
deserves a run-through :-) Enjoy!
Special thanks to Joe for submitting the bug report that prompted me to take
this one and write it properly!
Thanks also to Luca "Hexaae" Longone for submitting a bug report regarding
blitter glitches in v2.0
Greetings to Codetapper, Cfou, Psygore, Wepl and all WHDLoad supporters!
-- DJ Mike (22nd July 2006)
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: