Short: HD-Installer for The Deep V1.0
Author: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org), ICQ: 26051687
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (email@example.com)
This patch applies to "The Deep" (c) 1988 Cream Corp/US Gold - 1 disk.
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+.
- Game requires 512k chip mem and 4k extra memory (+0.9Mb other memory for
- Full load from HD
- Snoop bugs fixed
- Access fault fixed
- Empty DBF loop fixed in keyboard routine
- Instructions included (you will need to read these!)
- Stack relocated to fast memory (to fix crashes and speed increase!)
- RomIcon, NewIcon and GlowIcon (created by me!) plus 2 Exoticons taken
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
This patch was quite a hard one as the loader is very strange - it loads
partial tracks so patching the expected address for a block of memory isn't
possible. There is a horrid access fault in the game which I have done my
best to bypass cleanly but it means there maybe more of them. Email me
with the .whdl_register file (created when using the COREDUMP tooltype) if
you find any others. I am also not happy with the RomIcon but it's the
best I could do. If you can do better, email me!
Special thanks to Angus for his speedy testing and to Frank for icon ideas!
Greetings also to Chris, Carlo, Galahad, Jeff, Mad-Matt, Wepl, the Exotica
team, all Action members and the WHDLoad team!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: