Short : HD-Installer for Test Drive
Type : game/patch
Author : Jean-François Fabre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2002 Jean-François Fabre
Test Drive © 1987 Accolade
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu
- Convenient install script
- Disk accesses removed, disk protection removed
- Trackdisk device stuff removed
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Nice glowicons by Chris Vella
- Instructions included
- Slave needs WHDLoad v15 because I used the new kick13 emulation from Bert
(nice work bert!!) with doslib support (no KickDOS this time :))
- Game flies with fastmem & caches. Try with NTSC for even smoother game
- I had to include the cracked executable (I restored the original credits)
because I could not remote-crack it (Chris and I were not able to make a working
copy with MFMWarp, too bad), although I could decrypt a lot of the
startup code, for nothing...
- v1.0: initial release
- v1.0-B: removed HRTMON define for better compatibility
- v1.1: no longer needs s/startup-sequence
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.