THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Test Drive" © 1987 Accolade
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.3 (14.05.2022) done by JOTD:
- added keyboard controls (issue #0005456)
version 1.2 (29.01.2021) done by JOTD:
- reassembled with latest kickemu/adapted to whdload 17
- reduced memory requirements to less than 1MB total (issue #0004977)
- source included
- no longer needs s/startup-sequence
- removed HRTMON define for better compatibility
version 1.0 (2002?) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu
- Convenient install script
- Disk accesses removed, disk protection removed
- Trackdisk device stuff removed
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Nice glowicons by Chris Vella
- Instructions included
- Game flies with fastmem & caches. Try with NTSC for even smoother game
- I had to include the cracked executable (I restored the original credits)
because I could not remote-crack it (Chris and I were not able to make a working
copy with MFMWarp, too bad), although I could decrypt a lot of the
startup code, for nothing... Must be Hernon protection, I could crack it now
(did that on Final Assault) but why bother?