Short: HD-Installer for Super Cars V1.3
Author: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This patch applies to "Super Cars" (c) 1990 Magnetic Fields/Gremlin - 1 or 2
disks. Supported: Original 2 disk version - SPS 1527 (Jean-François Fabre)
16 bit Hit Machine/GBH 1 disk version - SPS 1523 (Ronny)
Hit Squad 1 disk version - SPS 1528 (Matthew Thompson)
- Slave requires WHDLoad V13+
- Game requires 512kb chip mem (+0.8Mb other memory for preload option for
the 1 disk version, or 1.3Mb memory for the 2 disk version)
- Full load from HD
- 3 versions supported
- Stackframe fix for 68020+ processors
- Protection removed
- Blitter wait inserted
- Loads and save fastest laps and best performances (unless you cheat)
- Loads and saves settings (name, money, car, level, tracks completed,
engine, body, fuel, tyre damage, weapons, car upgrades and car dealer
status at any point when you press 'S')
- 'P' key added for pause (as specified in the documentation)
- Keyboard acknowledge routine rewritten (on 2 versions)
- Gremlin logo and intro can be bypassed with fire or either mouse button
- RomIcon, NewIcon and OS3.5 Colour Icon (created by me!)
- Quit option (default key is '*' on keypad)
VERSION 1.1: (08-Jun-2002)
- Modified the delay code on the Gremlin logo so it now works on emulators
- Instructions included
- Added a Normal and MagicWB icon
- Quit key changed to 'F10'
VERSION 1.2: (13-Jun-2013)
- Stackframe fix added for 68010 users (thanks to Dennis for the bug report)
- Updated installer script
VERSION 1.3: (21-Apr-2015)
- Updated imager to handle some GBH editions more efficiently. The game
slave itself has not changed!
- Source code included
- Enter your name as any of the following for various effects:
Start on the second level with $20000 _______ "ODIE"
Start on the third level with $50000 ________ "BIGC"
Start with $500000 __________________________ "RICH"
Whenever you press 'S', the settings are saved to disk (unless you cheated
and used *any* of the above codewords). To recall your previously saved
settings, enter "LOAD" as your name. "LOAD" will appear as the default name
if a save file was found. The name will be replaced in game by the original
name you used from when you first created the save game.
This install has taken me a long time, but the game is one of my favourites
of all time so it deserves a quality fix. The save feature in particular
took ages simply because it saves everything about the current game so you
can resume it in it's exact state later!
Tom Meades kindly sent his GBH version of this game and it seems that the
disk was duplicated with multiple runs of the sync markers on the disk.
Sometimes the imager found the "wrong" one and would then complain about
checksum errors. I have altered the imager to search for the next sync,
but the slave itself did not require updating.
Please note that if you are using WinUAE, you will experience some weird
crashes if you are not using cycle exact settings.
Greetings to Jean-François Fabre for the original JST install, all Action
members, my testing crew and the entire WHDLoad team!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: