THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Space Crusade - The Voyage Beyond" © 1993 Gremlin.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
You need to go in the format menu before you can save a game.
If you format/load/save a game, nothing will happen (HD won't be accessed,
nor the floppy) but when you quit the game, the saves will be written back
So if you saved a game, don't quit by a reset or you lose your changes.
On the contrary, if you accidentally format your games, just quit be a reset and
the games won't be erased.
version 3.1 (26.06.2022) done by JOTD:
- savegames were broken in v3.0, fixed (issue #0005698)
- added option to skip Gremlin logo for faster startup
version 3.0 (22.05.2022) done by JOTD:
- slave rewritten, same slave for original & expansion
(CUSTOM3=1 boots on disk.3 which is expansion disk)
- added quitkey for 68000 CPU in the menu (issue #0004975)
- fixed sound replay issues
- added hints file
version 2.2 (19.03.2003)
- ooops, sorry, forgot an 'ILLEGAL' breakpoint in slave release
version 2.1 (26.01.2003)
- rewritten install script
- weird and rare access fault fixed
- Manual and screen picture included
- more icons
version 2.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial WHDLoad release
- Original edition and expansion levels supported
- Fixed for real 32bit CPUs (texts did not display right)
- Blitter bugs fixed (I hope so :) )
- Save/load games from HD
- Keyboard routine fixed
- Convenient installer script
- Possible quit with F10 key (JST) or QUITKEY (WHDLoad)
- Removes protection password
- No need of the original edition to play expansion levels
- Nice icon :-)
versions 1.x (1997)
- JST release