THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Hero's Quest / Quest For Glory" © 1989 Sierra.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.4-B (23.04.2020):
- fixed bug in non-us keyboard handler that could make the game
crash or behave oddly.
version 1.4 (02.04.2020):
- added keyboard selection (french/german) (issue #0003725)
- added text manual (bad old OCR doc full of mistakes, but better than nothing)
version 1.3 (26.06.2016)
- 68000/68010 compatible
version 1.2-B (12/03/2016)
- minor install script update (done by Josef Andersson)
version 1.2 (17/12/2005) done by JOTD
- added support for Kixx release (Install script updated)
- added solution file
version 1.0 (07.08.03) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- fixed for fast memory (access fault in sound driver fixed)
- original quit option quits to WB
- save to HD, in "data/save" directory
- source code included
- to reuse your old savegame disk, just copy its contents in the game "data/save"
- game still needs the original documentation, that I don't have unfortunately,
so no crack right now.