THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Purple Saturn Day" © 1989 Exxos/Epyx.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing PrtScr/* (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts"
and must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from an
A500 with tools like "GrabKick" or similar which can be found on Aminet.
If the image is the wrong version or altered in any way, WHDLoad will
quit with an appropriate error message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on Aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
Greetings to Jean-François Fabre and Wepl for the superb Kickstart 1.3
plugin and Dos support, Chris, Carlo, Frank, Wild West, all Action members,
my testing crew and the entire WHDLoad team!
version 2.1 (25.09.22) done by CFou!
- fix game with NTSC tooltype (issue #0005737)
- fix random crashes caused by instruction ADD.W A4,A0 used instead of ADD.L,A0 (X4)
- fix random crashes caused by the memory usage at absolute adresses
not reserved by WB
version 2.0 (19.05.21) done by CFou!
- Source code rewritten, adapted for WHdLoad 17+ & last Kick13
- another version supported (SPS 945)
- Decryption code for SPS 945 version totally rewritten to remove SMC & protection
- Less chip memory needed
- ButtonWait Tooltype support added to see Exxos logo
- QuitKey support for 68000 added
- Stupid 68020+ restriction removed
- manual included
- new install script
version 1.1 (26.09.01) done by CFou!
- memory handler fixed
(By example: token OS Bitmap base address in copperlist of graphocs.library=>bug)
- Trackdisk protection removed
- Code checksum protection removed
- Use LoadKick now to replace OSEmu
- debugged with SNOOPECS Tooltype
version 1.0 (not released) done by CFou!
- initial JST release fo SPS 562
- use Harry's OSEmu
- save game fixed and redirected on HDD in file 'Purple.dat'
******************* Thanks Chris Vella for original *************************