THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
Note on AGA & CD남 game:
The game requires an installed A1200 or A4000 Kickstart 3.1 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick40068.A1200" (resp kick40068.A4000).
The image can be extracted from a A1200 (resp A4000) with tools like 'GrabKick'
or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick40068.A1200.RTB" (resp "kick40068.A4000.RTB")
must be installed in the same directory as the kickstart image.
It can be found in the archive "util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
That patch applies to:
- Pinball Fantasies ECS (c) 1992 21st Century Entertainment (4 disk version)
- Pinball Fantasies AGA (c) 1994 21st Century Entertainment (4 disk version)
- Pinball Fantasies CD남 (c) 1994 21st Century Entertainment (CD-ROM version)
Before you can use this you must install WHDLoad (and Patcher for ECS version)
from the whdload package. The tools must be available via the path.
You need 1.0 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem
You can quit the game by pressing F10.
Thanx for original disks images to: Chris Vella (NTSC), Olaf Weicker
(PAL) and Keith Krellwitz (PAL), JOTD (CD남), Christian Schneider (AGA NTSC)
version 3.2 (08.12.2020) done by JOTD:
- re-added support for AGA version SPS0047 (issue #0004895)
- fixed wrong skip intro custom option (CD32)
version 3.1 (05.12.2020) done by JOTD:
- Highscores are properly saved in the "nvram" file, using Bert new
- Fixed crash (issue #0004869) introduced in 3.0
- Fixed: clicking with left mouse button during the pinball selection
just froze the game. This bug is triggered by an original cd32 menu
"feature" that calls exec.Debug on left click, probably
to debug the game, but that was left in in the final release...
- CD32: using lowlevel library emulation instead of real lowlevel library code
(fixes issues with some A1200 motherboards rev 1B or whatever)
- Can skip intro in CD32 version
- fixed the way fastmem slave patches memory allocation,
A4000 kick3.1 image now supported (worked only on A1200 kick3.1 image)
version 3.0-B (14.11.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed rawdic imager (had trouble reading one of the disks...)
version 3.0 (11.11.2020) done by JOTD
- AGA/CD32 version: changed the way the game saves/loads highscores,
which has caused numerous problems all over the years. Hopefully will fixed
- replaced patcher imager by RawDIC imager for the ECS version (easy work)
version 2.7 (10.03.2018)
- Added quitkey for 68000 in ECS version (issue #3713). Quitkey doesn't work during the introduction
- Added skipintro switch for ECS version (intro could be originally skipped by holding LMB)
version 2.6-C (22.04.2009)
- Finally fixed install script (Pinball subdir was not copied)
Version 2.6-B (02.01.2008)
- Fixed install script (nv_location was not copied)
- reassembled with latest kickemu
Version 2.6 (26.12.2007)
- Adapted for another CD남 version (bundled with Sleepwalker)
Version 2.5 (14.08.2006)
- AGA/CD남: another slave provided for weird fast memory configurations
(replace the slave by the "PinballFantasiesCHIPONLY.slave" as told in the
error message. It will be slower, but it will work)
- AGA/CD남: pre-check for nv location directory to avoid trouble during game
Version 2.4 (11.11.2005)
- Better fonts in the AGA menu (Thanks Bert)
- Fixed install script
- reworked readme
Version 2.3 (08.08.2004)
- Added check for hiscore directory (AGA/CD남 version), in order to avoid
in-game errors (volume WHDLoad: is write protected). Create if absent.
- Included ECS & imager sources from Mr Larmer
Version 2.2 (17.01.2004)
- Added support for NTSC AGA version
- Adapted to WHDLoad v16
Version 2.1 (22.12.2002)
- Added support for AGA version
* same characteristics as CD남 version
* password protection completely removed
- Fixed hiscore save problem
Version 2.0 (15.12.2002) done by JOTD
- Added support for CD남 version:
* needs Kickstart 3.1
* Saves hiscores to HD
* Fixed to work with fast memory (used bits 30 & 31 for some stuff!)
* VBR stuff removed
* Quit anytime using QUITKEY, or with the original quit option.
- Rewritten installer script
- Added icons
- Added manual
Version 1.0 (31.12.1997) done by Mr.Larmer/Wanted Team
- Initial release (ECS only)
Notes on AGA/CD32 version: with some memory configurations,
because of the game using MSB to store stuff
(which highly buggy and 24-bit compatible only), I had to use
tricks to decode those addresses on the fly. The result is that
it's not possible to use expansion memory in 0x7Fxxxxxx.
Someone on EAB (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=36535) got rid
of this problem by allocating the memory blocks $7f000000-7ff7ffff
with a small tool from aminet (probably http://aminet.net/package/dev/misc/allocate)
before starting the game. Ugly, but works better than the chip-only slave which seem
to have issues.
Using fast memory on AGA/CD32 version makes this game really faster,
specially on high-end accelerator boards where running code in chipmem
is slow as hell (Blizzard 060...)
On WinUAE using chipset hack setting to force audio issues, I get trashed
music at startup, but I can't seem to fix it the way I usually fix it, so
I just hope that it doesn't happen on real amigas but is just a WinUAE-only