This installer requires the Operation Stealth original disks (3)
from Delphine Software, 1990.
It should work for any version including clean cracks. Go to hell rather
than submitting me a bug report if you've got a crack, though.
- Rewritten for kick13, osemu no longer used. You've got to reinstall or copy
the file "startup-sequence" of the install package in the directory "data"
of the installed game, under a directory "s" (you'll have to create it too)
otherwise the game will not boot and you'll have to type "delphine" to play!
- Support for "James Bond 007 - The Stealth Affair", the US version of the game
(Thanks Toaks for original images and support)
- Source code included
v1.3 (around 2002)
- I thought it was 100%, but there were an error in expmem declaration. The
game needed 8 megs of expansion mem! fixed (now needs 512K only!)
- Convenient install script
- Uses WHDLoad & OSEmu for full memory control & quit key
- Runs with fastmem & caches for better loading and game speed
- Supports theorically all versions. Tested with v4.0 (Kixx, UK), v3.6 (UK) and v3.7 (French)
- V3.7 has lots of problems. Fixed
- CPU dependent loops removed (music works OK with fast memory/caches on)
- Color code protection removed (tough, did it 8 years ago!)
- Saves to HD, without OS swaps with the help of zero-filled savegame files
- Insert save disk requests removed
- Quit key (numerical '*')
- Icon by Frank
- Docfile included
- Walkthrough included
- First WHDload release, supports only v4.0 and lots of problems still to solve
- JST/OSEmu release, with hacked executable included
- If you've got a save disk, you can copy its contents in the game directory
(files named SD.DIR, and SD.).
- Thanks to Olivier Schott and Juergen Bornmeyer for bug reports/their versions
of the game (there are a lot of versions of this game out there)
- The install script asks you how is labelled your disk 1. It is because
in the french version there's an accent on the e of "Operation"
- If you've got an old installed version and you've got trouble, please re-install
game from floppies or run the install script in your game directory to update
files (slave/OSEmu/Savegame files)
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.