THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
That install applies to "North & South" © 1989 Infogrames.
That install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select Expert as installation
You need 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
You can quit the game by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try first to get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad's WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also doesn't succeeds inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad's WWW-Page.
For full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.1 (09.02.2019):
- fixed patch error in standard mouse mode (cursor moved on its own)
version 2.0-B (30.01.2019):
- fixed duplicate slaves & install script (files containing the "&" character were renamed)
version 2.0 (28.01.2019) done by JOTD:
- Game now uses "data" directory so it's consistent with install script (issue #0003880)
- Smart support for 2nd button joystick (fixes wrong joypad button reads on non-CD32 joysticks)
- FWD+BWD CD32 pad buttons trigger retreat / ESC in the map section (quit game)
- CUSTOM1 now allows 2nd player to control mouse with joystick in the map (issue #0003206)
version 1.7 (29.05.2016) done by JOTD:
- Adapted to new kickemu
version 1.6 (03.05.2013) done by CFou!:
- NTSC version supported (SPS 1780)
- NTSC test skipped (game freezed on title screen)
- User can choose between to install disk image or extracted file
- Rawdic used now to image disk or to extract files
- Second button support to select unit & CD32 PAD for player 1&2
CUSTOM1=1:To use second button (PL1&PL2) to select unit and CD32Pad for PL1
(if mouse connected PL2 can use LMB to fire and RMB to select unit+cursors)
CUSTOM1=2:To force JOYSTICK or CD32 PAD for PL2 (mouse port)
CUSTOM1=3:To use second button to select unit and two CD32 Pads for PL1&PL2
- Manual included
- New install script
- source code included
version 1.5 (02.06.2003) done by Wepl:
- minor changes
- Two multilanguage versions supported (SPS 2397 & SPS 0194)
version 1.4 (17.02.2001) done by Wepl:
- uses kickemu instead osemu
- new icon (rom/color)
Version 1.0-1.3 (1998) done by Mr.Larmer/Wanted Team
- protection removed,
- game using OSEmu module done by Harry, Wepl and me,
- nice MWB/NI icons included,
- Mark Knibbs for original disk image,
- Wolfgang Unger for second disk version.