Short : HD-Installer for Nitro V1.3
Type : game/patch
Author : Harry (original install), Bored Seal (´*´ marked features), StingRay
This patch applies to ""Nitro" by Psygnosis (c) 1990 - 1 disk.
Slave requires WHDLOAD V15+, install requires Patcher.
Game requires 1MB ChipRAM (+ 2.8MB for PreLoad)
- Game loads entirely from HD
- Disk protection removed
- Highscores are saved (under filename "HIGH")
- Illegal access removed ($ffdffxxx -> $dffxxx, $ffff8240 and $ff8209 removed)
- Access fault fixed ($120xxx -> $20xxx)
- PAL & NTSC versions supported (set NTSC tooltype for NTSC version)
* Blitter waits added
* BPLCON0 access fixed
- Quit option (your default key)
NOTES FROM HARRY:
The delays in the mainprogram are approx. 10% shorter than on the A500,
but i think, that doesnt need to be fixed.
For NTSC version, add the tooltype NTSC in the icon.
Thanks to Mr. Larmer for searching that preload-problem.
Enter "MAJ" for your initials and get 5000 gas and 50 credits.
NOTES FROM STINGRAY:
The old "The Patcher" imager has been replaced by RawDIC imager, the
disk image contains all necessary data, there is no separate "init" file
used any longer. Due to the new disk image format, the game needs to be
V1.0 - V1.13 (May 1997/January 1998/August 1998): Harry
V1.2 (25-Jun-2010): Bored Seal - blitter waits added, highscore file is checked first before loaded
- slave updated and cleaned for WHD10+, disk access removed, bplcon0 access fixed
V1.3 (24-Mar-2021): StingRay - RawDIC imager added (issue #0005045)
- manual added
- new install script
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: