Short : HD-Installer/fix for Neuromancer
Type : game/patch
Author : JOTD
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2001-2002 JOTD
Neuromancer is © 1988-1989 Interplay
- Runs now properly from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu
- Save/load games from hard disk
- Graphic problem when loading a game from title screen fixed
- Annoying manual protection completely removed
- Use of fast memory
- Quit key (Num '*', or configurable with QUITKEY) anytime
- Convenient install script
- Nice icons by Frank
- Docfile/walkthrough included
- Source code included
- v1.0: first release. Sometimes the game locks on title screen. Don't let it happen,
click on "New" or "Load" quickly. Music does not play right too.
- v2.0: does not use KickDOS anymore but direct dos emulation with newest kickemu
with interrupt system fixed: no longer locks, music plays ok.
Annoying bug fixed: when loading a game from title screen, the game "forgot" to
draw the control panel: the result was a mix between title screen and game.
Also better crack (no need to press RETURN) and rewritten installer script and
major source cleanup (shorter slave)
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick344.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.
KickDOS was adapted from OSEmu by JOTD
OSEmu done by Harry/MrLarmer/Bert/JOTD