THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Marble Madness" © 1985 Electronic Arts.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.1 (07.03.2016)
- support for WHDLoad v17 splash screen
- added BUTTONWAIT to see the game splash screen or skip it
version 2.0 (08.04.04)
- fully reworked for WHDLoad v16, no more KickDOS stuff
- use of fast memory & caches for better speed
- Front/Rear port texts changed (who's running MM on a A1000 now? ;) )
- trainer now activated by CUSTOM1=1
- reworked install script
- reworked readme file
version 1.2 (2002?)
- support for the nice splash screen
version 1.1 (2001?)
- fixed kick 1.3 keyboard bug
version 1.0 (2001?) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- WHDload slave, using KickEmu, merged with some parts of OSEmu dos emulation
- Main executable decrypted and fixed (done by anonymous)
- Quit key (default: F10)
- 2 Access faults fixed
- Uses fastmem for super-smooth scrolling
- Trainer: CUSTOM5=1 gives infinite time
- Added ESC key to give up current game
- Nice icons by Exoticons and Chris Vella
- source code included
- The game had trouble in DOS mode (sprites)
- The game could not run with OSEmu (because of AddTask() call)
- The game used the EOA protection, and some files were read protected so
finally I decided to included the decrypted exe from a crack.