THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "L.E.D Storm" © 1988 Capcom
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.2 (2020) done by JOTD:
- high score is saved (unless cheat is on) (issue #0002751)
- speed regulation in instructions & game (issue #0003595)
- trainer: infinite energy (CUSTOM1=1), same as programmer's cheat
version 1.1 (13.10.2006) done by JOTD
- fully rewrite of all the stuff from scratch
- kickemu used instead of OSEmu
- fastmem support
- copylock decrypted properly (thanks to CFou! for his code)
- empty dbf loop fixed
- added icons by Frank & Exotica
- manual added
- SNOOP bug fixed
- blitter wait inserted
- cracked version supported (you may have to decrunch file "Led" using XFDDecrunch)
- source code included
version 1.0 (22.11.1999) done by Dr Zarkov:
- initial release
- copylock protection removed (exe replaced by a crack)
- OSEmu used
version 0.1 (1997) done by JOTD
- parallel effort to make this game work, first with a DOS
patch, workarounding copylock decryption by letting the game
decrypt and freeze it, using 2 different locations to compute relocs
Many thanks to:
- Dr Zarkov for the first version of the slave
- CFou! for his excellent decryption source
- Codetapper for information about copylock and for telling me about
CFou!'s source code!! Thanks mate!
Cheat (from Abaddon SweatCheater)
Type "AMIGA DAVID BROADHURST WANTS TO CHEAT" on the title screen.
Cheat mode on should flash on the bottom of the screen. Your energy
will barely go down now.