THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis" © 1992 LucasFilms Games
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.3 (12.12.2020) done by JOTD:
- workaround for wrong iq points file size (issue #0004906)
version 2.2 (21.02.2017)
- fixed access fault (issue #0003286), really fixed :)
- italian version iq point file supported (issue #0003565)
version 2.1 (29.06.2016)
- fixed access fault (issue #0003286), thanks Stingray for helping me with it.
version 2.0 (04.01.2014)
- adapted to whdload v17, complete slave rewrite
- changed way to crack the protection (issue #0002410), much cleaner (credits: http://sed.free.fr)
version 1.4 (08.11.2010)
- recompiled with new kickfs
- added french solution
version 1.3 (15.01.2004)
- adapted to WHDLoad v16
- source code included
- spindle in-game sequence fixed (conflicted with protection fix), thanks
to Sebastian Rosa for reporting it.
previous versions (1998-2002)
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu/KickDOS
- Convenient install script
- No more gfx problems from workbench on AGA machines
- Codewheel protection removed (custom made, could cause problems with the game)
- Access fault fixed (same as in Monkey Island 2, a SCUMM bug I think).
- Load/Save on HD with minimal number of OS swaps (black flashing screens)
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Nice icon by exoticon
- Officially only english and french versions are supported, but
if you want other versions supported, please tell me how the
IQ points file is called in your version (the dummies translated the
- I think the patch would work for a non english/french/german version,
but without an existing IQ points file it would swap A LOT just before
the game begins (after Indy found the statue,
when the program creates IQ points file byte by byte, and causes
unavoidable OS swaps)