THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Gravity" © 1990 Image Works.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.1 (07.07.07) done by JOTD
- removed another 24-bit access fault problem (because game uses fastmem now)
- CUSTOM1=1 disables stars background (considered as disgraceful by some people)
version 2.0 (24.06.06) done by JOTD:
- full rewrite of the slave
- hidden copylock protection removed
- loads of SMC code removed
- stack-leak error fixed on 68010+ (first time I see that in 10 years!)
- CPU dependent loop in music replay fixed
- fixed to work with caches
- exoticon added
- source code included
version 1.0 (30.12.02) done by C-Fou!:
- initial release
- Wepl's Kick13 source used
- Track disk protection ripped
- CFou's 3.5 Icons added
- Manual and Hints files added
- Thanks to Angus for his complains about this game, which was a bitch to fix, even
if it appeared as easy & working in the first place
- Thanks to Codetapper for information about hidden copylocks. The protection was
not really an issue here, but it was thought so because of the other sneaky
bugs due to terrible programming habits.
- About the "stack-leak" error: the game slowly consumed the stack because it popped
only SR & return address on a RTE where stackframe word is also present on 68010+
The result was not a direct crash because it returned to the caller by a RTR (after
copying context to user-stack), but rather a slow decrease of the SSP, which finally
leaded to music corruption, then crash. Not a piece of cake to fix, but thanks to
WinUAE and its speed the crash occurred very quickly, whereas I had to wait at least
2 minutes on my 68060!