Short: HD-Installer for Grand Prix Master V1.0
Author: Codetapper/Action (email@example.com), ICQ: 26051687
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This patch applies to "Grand Prix Master" (c) 1989 Dinamic - 1 disk.
- Slave requires WHDLoad V13+.
- Game requires 512k chip mem (+400k other memory for preload option)
- Full load from HD
- 2 versions supported
- Load game routine fixed (previously did not work at all!)
- Load/Save to Ram now loads and saves to your HD
- Compatible with the JST version
- Empty DBF loop fixed in the sound routine
- Snoop bug fixed (move.b #2,$bfe0ff)
- Colour bit fix
- Game file can be compressed to save space (FImp, Propack etc)
- RomIcon, NewIcon and OS3.5+ Colour Icons (created by me!)
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
During qualifying or practice, press 'R' to finish. Otherwise you will
drive around forever!
If you compress the data files, the game will only need about 240k to
preload instead of 400k.
The Load to ram option in both versions of this game was broken! It would
save to ram successfully, but when you went to reload it wouldn't do
anything. It looks like somebody put a bra instruction in the middle of
the loading routine instead of a bne/beq. A couple of nop's seems to have
fixed it anyway!
If anybody out there wishes to learn how to fix games for WHDLoad and wants
a simple game to start with, this game is about as easy as it gets!
Greetings to Wepl for WHDLoad, Keith for the JST version, all Action
members, my testing crew and the WHDLoad team! Merry Christmas!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: