THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Forest Dumb Forever" © 1998 L.K. Avalon.
This install requires WHDLoad version 15.0 or higher to be in the path
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 368 KB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
version 1.1 (12.08.2019) done by asman:
- added support for other images (thanks to Haynor for images)
- removed protection
- added icons (thanks to Irek'72)
version 1.0 (10.07.2019) done by asman:
- initial release
- source code included (ReadJoyPad.s taken from BubbleBobble WHDLoad install. So special thanks goes to JOTD)
- removed disk check (+fix copjmp and dma)
- patched load files, because I used WHDLoad Relocate.
- files can be packed
- added highscore saving (original game doesn't have it). When cheat was enabled highscore is not saved.
- fixed clr.w $dff088 --> move.w d0,$dff088 (*10)
- fixed blitwait (*23)
- fixed PORTS int
- removed access to CIABPRB
- added posibility to set level code with joystick. info 1. below
- added posibility to set highscore with joystick. info 2. below
- added mapping for cd32 pad buttons. PLAY - pause/unpause, REVERSE + FORWARD - quit to title, YELLOW - when you cheat zeroed coins
- fixed clr.w $dff0a8 (*2)
You can use joystick to set level code.
- joy up - increase digit number,
- joy down - decrease digit number,
- joy left - go to previous digit number,
- joy right - go to next,
- joy fire - exit from setting the code level.
I spent on this shit almost two days, because game has hardcoded code 3456 and than overwrite it with actual code like 0556.
So Is more than possible to see glitch (hardcoded 3456 code for a moment) when you changing level code with joystick.
I didn't fix that glitch.
You can use joystick to set highscore.
- joy up - next letter,
- joy down - previous letter,
- joy left - previous char in highscore,
- joy - right next char in highscore.
- joy fire - end of highscore (like enter).
This game has serious bug in highscore:
To duplicate it. just write some letter and then press DEL, color of char will change to dark green but char will deleted from highscore string.
I didn't fix that.
THANKS AND GREETINGS
- JOTD (for ReadJoyPad.s)
- Irek'72 for icons
- Haynor for disk images
- WHDLoad team
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: