THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Flashback" © 1992 Delphine Software
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.2 (08.06.07) done by JOTD:
- fixed CPU delay loop to avoid flickering
(by using a calibrated CPU active loop instead of the classic VHPOS delay)
version 3.1 (22.06.06) done by JOTD:
- nasty protection presence check removed (near the end of the game)
(without it the game locks up just after dropping the bomb in the planet)
- fixed even more CPU dependent loops
- readme/install script fully rewritten
- source code included
- CUSTOM1=1 enables trainer
- virtually all versions supported
version 3.0 (12.12.02) done by JOTD:
- rewritten for KickEmu
- sound REALLY fixed now
version 2.1 (2002) done by JOTD:
- game slowed down if played from keyboard, fixed.
- zoom function keys now work (needs a little more memory)
version 2.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial WHDLoad release
v1.x (JST & DOS versions, 1999-2001)
- Convenient installer script
- Uses OSEmu by Harry/Wepl/MrLarmer/Me (included)
- 2 french versions, english and german versions supported, other may work too.
- Password protection removed
- Second button fixed (even on a A500 it did not work!!)
- Quit key (numerical '*')
- Uses fastmem for better loading/game speed
- Keyboard fixed
- Music fixed (many CPU dependent loop fixed)
- Cool icon (thanks Frank!)
- Walkthrough included
For the ones who don't have the documentation, a quick key guide
(thanks Luca for providing it)
Arrow keys = move, jump, crouch...
Shift = shoot, pick-up objects, append, talk...
Space bar = extract pistol
Return = force field (with belt)
F1 = inventory
F8, F9, F10 = various zoom levels
CTRL+C = 3D in-game sequences on/off
CTRL+G = Auto zoom on/off