Short : HD-Installer for Falcon
Type : game/patch
Author : Psygore (email@example.com)
That install applies to "Falcon" © 1989 Spectrum HoloByte
- Original disk
- V1.1 update
- Budget version
- Operation Counterstrike (Mission disk I)
- Operation Firefight (Mission disk II)
(registered users only)
- WHDLoad 16+
- 512 KB ChipMem and 512 KB OtherMem (+1.5 Mb OtherMem for preload option)
- An installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
Version 1.1 (04.03.2004) by Psygore:
- Supports anothers versions of Falcon, Missions disks
Version 1.0 (17.01.2004) by Psygore:
- Nice Color/NewIcon (created by me) and Exoticon included
- Uses KickEmu (written by Wepl)
- Disk access and protection removed
- Access to custom dma register fixed
- Blitwaits inserted
- Manual included
- Quit with F10
If you have installed Falcon Mission disk I or II, use:
- CUSTOM=missions or falconmission (to play with Mission disK I)
- CUSTOM=f16c (for Mission disk II)
Falcon original version (1.0) and Mission disk II could run too fast on your
amiga because the main program will be relocated in fast memory.
You can use "ExpChip" option to slowdown the game.
Falcon version 1.1 and Mission Disk I will run at the same speed.
But you can speed up or slowdown the game with CUSTOM1=1 to 9 (1 = fast, ...,
6 = default, ..., 9 = slow).
Thanks to Tony Aksnes for the disk version 1.1, Angus Manwaring for Budget
version and mission disk I & II, Carlo Pirri, Michael Evans and R-Team for
If you have not yet registered WHDLoad, this patch will NOT work.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts"
and must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a
A500 with tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will
quit with a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the
same directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please report them via the
Bug-Report-Form which can be accessed via
or via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
for full WHDLoad package and other installs refer to:
--- (_ __¬) __) \ ¬) ___) ¬) __¬)¬__) ---
-- / _/__¬\ / / /_¬\ --/ _ / __) --
- (__/(_____) /(_____) /_/ \(_____) -
(___/ \__/ \__)in 03.2004