Short : HD-Installer for Dynamo V1.3
Type : game/patch
Author : Bored Seal, StingRay
This patch applies to "Dynamo" by Code Masters (c) 1992 - 1 disk.
Slave requires WHDLOAD V10+.
Game requires 0.5MB ChipRAM + 0.8MB any RAM (+ 0.8MB for PreLoad)
v1 = disk label "17.07.1992" (supported by Mark Knibbs), lot of blitter bugs
v2 = disk label "02.11.1992" (supported by Helmut Motzkau), with fixed blitter routines
- Full loading from HD
- 2 versions supported
- RNC disk protection removed
- IMP! decruncher moved to Fast RAM
- Self-modifying code patched (version 1)
- Blitter waits added (version 1)
- Title credits can be skipped with fire button
- NI/ROM icon (created by JHZ, ripped by Midwik)
- Quit option (your default key)
V1.0 (04-Jun-1999) - first public release
V1.1 (28-Aug-1999) - version 2 supported (thanks Helmut), added version check
V1.2 (24-Jun-2007) - memory usage reduced, fast mem usage, blitter waits added
- SMC decryption routine patched, you can skip title credits with fire button
V1.3 (10-Apr-2018) - access fault in later levels fixed, ext. mem size
(StingRay) increased to 512k
- interrupts fixed
- keyboard routine fixed
- 68000 quitkey support
- 3 blitter waits added (V2 of the game)
- In-Game cheat can be enabled by pressing "C"
I saw a note about problems with this patch in the Amiga group on
facebook. Quickly checked the patched and there indeed was an access fault
after some levels had been played, this was caused by too less extended
memory set in the slave. I have fixed this problem, fixed all interrupts
and also added 68000 quitkey support. Additionally I added the possibility
to enable the built-in cheat by pressing "C". You will have unlimited lives
and can choose levels with keys +/-.
I have also started to add high-score load/save but it requires a bit more
work which I'm currently not willing to spend. I will add this feature
in V1.4 of the patch.
Cheat mode is available in Sweet Cheater.
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: