THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Down At The Trolls" ©1988 US Gold/Rainbow Arts.
"Realm Of the Trolls"
This install requires WHDLoad version 17.0 and RawDIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
version 1.0 (05.04.2021) done by CFou!:
- initial release
- 2 versions supported:
- "Down At The Trolls" 2 disks version (SPS 3009)
- "Realm Of The Trolls" 1 disk version (SPS 3010)
- Use Wepl's Kick13
- RawDIC imager used to extract levels data (disk.1)
- several access faults fixed
- QuitKey for 68000 added (in game & on credit scrolling)
- CUSTOM2=2 Tooltype used to fix ST color palette (Title Screen)
- Load/Save game disk redirected on HD (file 'disk.2')
(I hope see remark below)
- Irek & CFou's colored icon included
- source code included
version 1.1 (10.04.2021) done by CFou!:
- RawDIC imagers updated for tracks checksum control support
(original mfm track are not checksum)
indeed game data disk if often corrupted for both reasons:
- old disk with no checksum controls
- very old disk damaged by time without data checksum
- The game editor save code is buggy and users could easily corrupt data
on floppy disks by mishandling
version 1.2 (11.04.2021) done by CFou!:
- Another version supported (Realm Of The Trolls 2 disks versions)
- install script updated
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
I haven't been able to figure out exactly how backups work even when using
physical disks on A500. I wonder if the backup system was not buggy.