THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Danger Freak" © 1989 Rainbow Arts (SPS ID: 975).
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.1 (10.05.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed some self-modifying code in the damn sound routine. This code
works on CPU/emulator configuration without "more compatible", but fails
on any amiga with a CPU > 68010. This game wins the award of worst
compatibility coding (issue #0004606). This is because of crappy
sound replay routines, duplicated in the menu and in the game, grrrrr.
- fixed in-game sound replay that I had forgotten
- added quitkey for 68000
version 1.0 (04.05.2020) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- access fault fixed in menu
- blitter DMA re-enabled (not enabled by default, game was relying
on the state of the machine when booting)
- menu music player fixed
- disk protection removed
- system friendly imager for MFM disk using RawDIC
Well the imager and unfinished slave has been sitting on my harddrive since 2006,
not working at all either on WinUAE or real amiga with nasty lockups.
On 04/05/2020, deciding it was a waste to let it rot like this after having
successfully ripped the MFM disk and started the game, I decided to work
on it again, and I found the remaining blitter issue and access fault
in one hour and the game is playable... (well that was before I found out about
the register save issues...)
Maybe I learned a trick or two in the meantime :)