THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Chuck Rock 2 - Son Of Chuck" floppy/cd≥≤ © 1993 Core Design
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC (floppy install only) to be in the path.
Both can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
This installer requires the Chuck Rock 2 original CD≥≤ or Chuck Rock 2 floppies (2).
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.1 (05.03.2020):
- Restored "up" control in menus when 2nd button jump is active (issue #004210)
version 3.0 (09.03.2019) done by JOTD
- CUSTOM2=1 enables blue/2nd button jump like in CD32 version
(except that here a non-CD32 pad can be used)
- CD32 play button pauses the game
- CD32 bwd+fwd buttons quit the current game
- CD32 fwd+yellow buttons skip levels (like HELP)
version 2.4 (12.10.2006) done by JOTD
- fixed a game bug revealed by the re-activation of the keyboard interrupt
in slave version 2.2 (move.w #0,$68 instead of move.w #0,($68,A5))
- potentially a game bug fixed because of the fix above.
version 2.3 (06.10.2006) done by JOTD
- ouch, the quitkey stuff was not very smart and crashed the game randomly
(stupid game coding). Fixed
- in-game keyboard was not working properly
- quitkey also works on a 68000 / with NOVBRMOVE
version 2.2 (08.06.2006)
- enabled quit key in the intro section & menu
version 2.1 (20.01.2005)
- reworked install script (directory problem)
- slave revision bumped to 2.1
version 2.0-B (02.09.2003)
- fixed install scripts for both floppy & CD≥≤ versions
version 2.0 (10.08.2003) done by JOTD
- Icons by Exoticons/Frank/Chris
- Complete rework of slave/readme/install script
- Fixed speed problem (was too fast on some machines)
- Copylock protection removed
- Keyboard routine fixed
- HELP key skips level
- CUSTOM1=1: infinite lives
- Manual included
- Nice icons by Frank
- Source code included
- WHDLoad slave included (quits with QUITKEY)
versions 1.x (JST only):
- Runs fully from RAM/HD
- Convenient installer script, lets you choose between install from CD or floppies
- Patched memory routines so it runs with 32 bit fastmem
- Uses JOTDStartup (JST)
- Trainer mode : infinite lives
- HELP skips levels
- Quit key (F10 only during the game, LMB during menu)
- Walter Gierholz for providing the CD.
- ANTHROX for their trainer code.