Short : HD-Installer for Blockout
Type : game/patch
Author : Jean-François Fabre (email@example.com)
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2001 JOTD
Blockout is © 1989 California Dreams
- Runs now properly from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu/KickDOS
- Manual protection removed
- Full use of fast memory
- Font fix (KickEmu bug?) to avoid corruption in hiscore section
- Quit key (F10, or configurable with QUITKEY) anytime
- Convenient install script
- Nice icons by Frank & Chris
- Docfile included
- Hiscore/prefs save (as in DOS release)
- Yes, the game originally runs from HD/DOS, but the screen may be shifted depending
on the config, and can disappear too. It also crashes on exit. So a fix was needed.
- Thanks to Carlo for providing the original disk image.
- Original quit option is still available
- Runs OK with JST (even if more OS swaps)
- v1.0: first release
- v1.1: recompiled with newer KickEmu. Now correct date is displayed in scores
- v1.2: fixed setup write bug and OS swap avoided (thanks Juergen for bug report)
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.
KickDOS was adapted from OSEmu by JOTD
OSEmu done by Harry/MrLarmer/Bert/JOTD