THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Arctic Fox" © 1985 Electronic Arts
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.2 (26.01.05) done by JOTD:
- quitkey now works on 68000 (owing to new version of kickemu)
- misc cleanup
- reworked readme
version 1.1 (31.01.04)
- Adapted to WHDLoad v16
- Install script fixed to support second version
version 1.0 (2002) done by JOTD
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad + KickEmu
- Game now works on any amiga.
- Annoying blank screen delays removed
- Disk protection removed.
- Convenient install script
- CUSTOM1=1 tooltype to enable joystick control in port 1 (instead of mouse port)
- Quit key (default: F10, or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Instructions included
- Nice icons by Chris Vella
- source code included
Thanks go to:
- CAPS team for technical advice on the game execution
- Bert Jahn for WHDLoad and KickEmu
- Angus Manwaring for original disk, Carlo Pirri for original diskimage
- Derek Noonburg for Marble Madness patch
- ??? for documentation
- Tested on A1200/68060.
If you've got trouble, try setting NOCACHE or/and NOMMU