GAME : Apidya
PUBLISHER: Play Byte (Blue Byte)
SPSID : 0764 2465
HOL : http://hol.abime.net/3281
VERSION : 2.05
DATE : 09/2009
Requires an original copy of the game.
Requires 0.5Mb of chip memory.
Requires version 44.10 or later of the standard Amiga "Installer"
program or a compatible equivalent.
Requires version 16.9 or later of the WHDLoad package by Bert Jahn.
WHDLoad is available from:
Please consider registering WHDLoad or making a donation to help
support future development of more hard drive installers for your
favourite Amiga games and demos!
INSTALLING THE GAME
Extract all files in the release archive to your system.
Double click on the "Install" icon present in the extraction
directory and follow the instructions given by the Installer
The game will be installed to a directory you select on your
hard drive. You will be alerted if installation fails for any
reason, please contact the author if this happens.
PLAYING THE GAME
Open the game drawer created during installation and click on the
icon to start the game.
The following keys may be used while the game is running:
F10 = quit game and return to Workbench
Registered WHDLoad users have the following additional features:
- the "Speed Of Light" bonus game on level 4 is enabled
- high scores and options are loaded and saved from hard disk
- the CUSTOM1-4 tooltypes may be used to activate cheats in the game:
CUSTOM1 = 1 to activate infinite lives
CUSTOM2 = 1 to activate invulnerability
CUSTOM3 = 1 to keep your weapons after death
CUSTOM4 = 1-5 to set the starting level 1-5
Note that enabling any of these trainers will disable the high score
saving and loading functions.
This product is free software
© 2008-2009 Halibut Software / John Girvin, All Rights Reserved.
No payment is required to use this product. If you have paid to
buy, rent, download or otherwise obtain or use this product in any
way you should contact the author immediately.
THE FULL TERMS OF THE LICENCE AGREEMENT MAY BE FOUND IN THE FILE
"LICENCE" WHICH MUST ACCOMPANY THIS DOCUMENT. IF THIS FILE IS NOT
PRESENT, CONTACT THE AUTHOR.
LICENCE BREACHES MAY CONSTITUTE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT PUNISHABLE
UNDER RELEVANT LAW.
The licence terms in summary are as follows:
- You are free to copy and distribute this work under the
- you must give the original author credit
- you may not use this work for commercial purposes
- you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to
others the licence terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission
from the author.
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by
E-Mail: girv [at] girv [dot] net
PGP KeyID: 0x84FDE50C
PGP or S/MIME signed/encrypted mail welcome.
DONATIONS: PayPal: payments [at] girv [dot] net
- earlier releases by Mr. Larmer and Harry
- requires WHDLoad 16.5+
- new version, rewritten from scratch
- all features of 1.xx retained
- supports two versions of the game
- all levels, subgames, guardians and intermediate screens patched
- keyboard handling fixed
- quitkey works on continue screen
- access faults fixed in level 2, level 2 guardian, level 4
- cpu delay loops fixed
- many copperlist problems fixed
- many blitterwait problems fixed
- cpu cache options set properly
- new trainers created
- new icons created
- removed leftover debug code that set initial score to 20,000
- fixed bug that had disabled the bonus round on level 4
- fixed copperlist and blitterwait problems in level 4 bonus round
- removed beamcon0 access
- can enter bonus round on level 2-2 while invulnerable
- can enter bonus round on level 4-1 while invulnerable
- fixed instruction stream fault when collecting power ups
- fixed access fault in collision detection
- removed self modifying code in TFMX7V music replay
- updated installer script
"Apidya" is © Play Byte
WHDLoad is © Bert Jahn
Thanks to the EAB team for extensive testing and bug reports.
Thanks to KillerGorilla for spotting the "Speed Of Light" tune on the
sound test menu was unused in the game, and so putting me on the scent
of the bonus game lost for 16 years.
Thanks to Don Adan / Wanted Team for information on the TFMX7V
music replay routine self modifying code.
;$VER: Apidya ReadMe 2.05 © 2008-2009 Halibut Software