THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "1000 Miglia" © 1992 Simulmondo.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
This program can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed game requires 0.5 MB ChipMem (+0.8 MB for preload)
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- Protection removed (manual check, checksums)
- DMA wait in replayer fixed (x2)
- Byte write to AudXVol in replayer fixed
- Decrunchers relocated to fast memory
- Interrupts fixed
- Bplcon0 color bit fixes (x14)
- Blitter waits added (x4, skipped on 68000)
- Intro can be skipped with CUSTOM1
- English language can be selected with CUSTOM2
- Trainer can be selected with CUSTOM3
- Blitter waits can be forced even on 68000 machines with CUSTOM4
- 2 OS 3.5 color icons (created by C-Fou! and Chris Vella)
- Source code included as usual
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'F10')
And yet another patch I have redone from scratch is finished.
I saw a bug report for this game on EAB last night. It was mentioned
that the protection in the game wasn't correctly disabled.
Out of curiosity I checked the game code and quickly found quite
a few checksum checks, one of these checks was quite sneaky as the
blitter was used the calculate the checksum.
I spotted it quite fast but it still is something not too common
when it comes to checksum routines! There were quite a few other
checksum checks too which the coder tried to hide. While I found
all of them without even running the game once it was still quite
entertaining as the coder obviously thought about the protection
code and tried to make the crackers life harder.
I then asked C-Fou! who made the old patch a long time ago
(back in 2002 actually) if it would be OK for him if I would update
the patch. He agreed and even sent me the old sources for the patch.
And so I started the work on a completely new patch for this game.
Was fun to do and not very hard so after a few hours everything was
Game code is quite good and so are the graphics, however, the game
is much too hard and also gets boring quite fast so it's not really
a good game in my opinion.
The patch has a few extra options, these are:
CUSTOM1=1: This will skip the intro
CUSTOM2=1: Sets English language as default (instead of Italian)
CUSTOM3=1: Enables trainer mode, if enabled your car won't be damaged
anymore so no repairs are needed
CUSTOM4=1: This will force the blitter wait patches also on 68000
machines, normally they are skipped on 68000 machines
That's all I guess, enjoy the fully working game from HD now.
Special thanks and greetings to C-Fou! for letting me update his
old patch and sending the old source!
Greetings to all in Scarab and Scoopex, the WHDLoad team, PMC,
Musashi5150, Skan, Slummy, Loaderror, Frequent, Wayne Kerr, Mr.Spiv,
C-Fou! and all the other usual suspects. :)
Special greetings to all Golf MK1 fans worldwide except those
lowlifes who "borrowed" my MK1 for a joyride!
Extra greetings to the usual suspects on #amigascne, see you all at
Revision 2013! :)
version 1.2 (17.03.2013) done by StingRay:
- redone from scratch
- protection correctly disabled
- trainer added
- intro can be skipped with CUSTOM1
- decrunchers relocated to fast memory
- source code included
version 1.1b (15.06.02) done by C-Fou!:
- 'Back To The Root' version supported (must run fine with original too)
- Use wonderfull Wepl's KickEmul now
- Manual Protection ripped
- Load/Save game rediriged to HD (in '1000Miglia.save')
- 1 Stack error debugged
- Some blitter delays added
- 1 Chris Vella's and 1 C-Fou!'s GlowIcons added
- new install script (v1.1b)
- initial release
- Used OSEMU.400 from Harry
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: