THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Megademo" © 1990 Brainstorm.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed demo requires 0.5 MB ChipMem (+1.8 MB for preload).
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- Protection removed (trace vector decoder in loader part)
- OS stuff emulated (DoIO)
- Self-modifying code fixed
- Byte writes to CopJmp1 fixed (x3)
- Bplcon0 color bit fixes (x10)
- Wrong copper wait for PAL area fixed
- Wrong raster line waits fixed (x3)
- Line drawing problem in part 5 (caused by level 3 interrupt) fixed
- DMA wait in replayer fixed (x9)
- Byte write to volume register fixed (x9)
- Blitter waits added (x5)
- CPU dependent delay/timing loops fixed (x5)
- Interrupts fixed
- All decrunchers (ByteKiller) relocated to fast memory and error check added
- NewIcon (created by me)
- Source code included (also on my GitHub: https://github.com/MK1Roxxor/WHDLoad_Patches)
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines
This is an old favorite of mine, always liked this demo. Started to create
a patch for it years ago, but never finished it. Some days ago Keito asked
for a patch for this very demo, so I started from scratch and finally
finished the patch for this nice demo.
Worth mentioning is that the loader part was protected with a trace vector
decoder, something not too common for Amiga demos. Coding the decrypter was
fun and didn't take that long, as I used the "educated guessing" approach
to avoid the need to fully understand the trace vector code.
Other than that, the code is quite good for a 1990 demo, there weren't too
many problems to fix.
The "Insert Disk 2" part has been disabled as it is no longer needed.
If you want to see it, you can use the CUSTOM1 tooltype.
Latest sources for this patch can be found on my GitHub repository at
Enjoy the demo from HD and have a good festive season everyone,
version 1.00 (27.11.2022) done by StingRay:
- initial release
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: